Friday, February 6, 2009

Dementia?

I may have several strong reasons why I think I am losing it, but one that has been present for a while is something that I believe other people can relate to: (for better or worse) I am signed up on a website that keeps you "connected" with people from high school, college or jobs and occasionally I will see a name on there who has visited my page a few times and I have NO CLUE who they are. I will then sit and rack my brain trying to coax out a memory and come up with nothing, which is really annoying. Maybe the way I ought to look at it is that it is someone I never met who missed out on the wonderfulness that is me, and who is now reading up.

Yeah, that's it!!

Today we had another meeting at work which had elements which were so ridiculous that I cannot yet joke about them. Let me just say it makes me want to write a book saying that, let's see, elephants originated on the North American continent and were brought over to Africa by traders. Then in workplaces across America people can use it as some example or talking point, while blithely ignoring that I have no credibility in the field of ...whatever this would fall under.

I may also be losing cognitive function in areas such as long term memory due to impaired sleep habits caused by 1) upstairs neighbors doing laundry at eleven p.m. or later almost EVERY night, 2) upstairs neighbor children roughhousing in same time period and 3) upstairs neighbor children who have an alarm set to go off at 5:30 a.m. every day.

No comments: