Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mystery of the Week

I get many interesting questions at work. The (unquestionably) best one this week came from a man in the south.

He had just received a debit card and called in, greatly concerned.

"They sent me the wrong card or maybe someone else's card," he began. I asked why he thought this.

"The numbers on the card don't match the numbers on my checkbook." I hastened to explain to him that this was completely normal and as it should be. He remained unconvinced, asking how the bank would know how to take the money from his checking account if the card number was different. I explained some more, but apparently my powers of persuasion did not seem to work. He said he would try it somewhere, though he did not really think it was going to work, and would see what happened.

No comments: