Monday, April 27, 2009

Doomed to Repeat...

It is hockey playoff time, and though I haven't been able to follow it as closely this year as I have in years past, I did manage to catch a game Sunday, Game 6 of Capitals vs. Rangers. I did watch with the sound off as I can't tolerate Doc Emerick anymore.

I watched the Caps for many years, and a good friend in years past was like the uber Caps fan, and every year, or nearly every year, I had to watch as the Caps would get far enough in the playoff to get one's hopes up, only to choke at a crucial moment. One exception was the season they did manage to get to the finals, but choked there. This year looks to be the going along that route- they have forced a Game 7, which is like heroin to a Caps fan. I almost can feel the stirrings of wanting to root for them, but I will be strong! I will not get sucked in!

No comments: