Monday, May 4, 2009

Bad Auto-Mojo

Though it could be worse.

Last Wednesday as I drove to work I heard some noise that sounded like something caught in one of the wheel wells, but by the time I got to work I was so bummed about the day ahead that it slipped my mind. On my way home, I kept hearing it and pulled over, finding that one of the tires was nearly flat. I pulled into the first service station I could find that had air, and after a tense five minutes of searching for three quarters to start the air machine, filled the tire. Friday I went out to go to work and the tire was nearly flat again, so I figured there was no hope for it. Indeed the tire was not fixable, so I ended up having to get two new tires. Which really, really, was not in the budget for the week.

Saturday I am driving home from a lovely day at work filled with even more inane questions than usual, and am stopped at a light. Suddenly there is this BAMMM. My whole body feels slammed (and not in a fun way). I look around in shock and realize after a few moments that I've been hit from the rear. I put the car in park and shakily get out to inspect the damage. Luckily there was none. Whew! Turns out a nimrod twenty-something guy was took his eyes off the road to look for something on the floor. Apparently his passenger also had more pressing things to do than watch the road. Information was exchanged and I went home, nervous as to what this would do to me physically, considering the wonderful state my neck and shoulders are in. So far, not as bad as expected but feeling run over.

Kinda not wanting to go near the car for a few days.

No comments: